Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Read a book about Early America!

Would you have been able to survive in America...before it WAS America?
Redemption
by Julie Chibbaro


The wet earth smells of mushroom and loam. I race through the trees. Branches reach for my eyes and tangle my hair. My kirtle rips, but I still run, faster through the woodland, escaping the murderous men who chase behind me with vicious, barking dogs. The men are my enemies and the woodland is my friend.


Narrated by 12-year-old Lily.  She and her mother are forced off their
English land by the baron's men. Her father has been missing for many months now, and they are to seek safety from religious persecution in passage to the New World.

 But all is not what it seems, and the nightmarish voyage, the evil baron, and Lily's loss of innocence on board the ship are just the beginning of Lily's travails.
When the ship literally crashes into the New World and breaks apart upon the rocks, Lily and the baron's son Ethan go ashore and begin a new life there. Set in the early 1500s.
Call #  YA CHI

No comments:

Post a Comment